What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

delete icloud account 5.1.1 and set new

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes is a free download for any Windows PC. After you restore through iTunes it can be used to backup your iPad, transfer items from your iTunes library to your iPad, etc. using iTunes for the restore will bypass the need to enter the restrictions password of the previous owner.

OP
Beata

Beata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do it through iTunes on your computer. Select the restore option on the summary page for the device.

I have installed iTune on my PC. What to do next? Where is summary page ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed iTune on my PC. What to do next? Where is summary page ?
You only see the summary page when you connect an iOS device to iTunes, using the charging cable. In the sidebar that appears, the summary page is at the top of the list. Near the top of the summary page is where you'll see the restore button. Tapping on that will download the latest version of iOS to iTunes. When the download is finished it will install on your iPad. After the restore your iPad wil be in the same condition it was when new. If you have a backup of your own, made for another iPad, you'll be given the option of setting up the iPad as a new device or from a stored backup.

Since you just downloaded iTunes to your computer, this won't be an option in your case. You'll have to set it up as a new iPad, adding whatever apps, videos, etc. you want from your iTunes purchased list.

OP
Beata

Beata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for help. I will try. Additionally I found some tutorials about it

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tutorials are always a good idea to get an idea how to do it before you have a chance to make mistakes.

Most reactions

Latest posts