What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete Contact Group

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Wonder how this question got overlooked...

In the Contacts app, go to your group. At the bottom of the contact info (with the iPad in landscape), there's an "Edit" button. Press it and then scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see a red bar titled "Delete Contact." Press that and boom! The contact is gone.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. I'm moving this post over to the Help forum, as that may have been why no one saw it - it was lost! Sorry. But, hopefully others will see it ... and correct me if I've messed up the answer. :D

OP
K

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Huh. Wonder how this question got overlooked...

In the Contacts app, go to your group. At the bottom of the contact info (with the iPad in landscape), there's an "Edit" button. Press it and then scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see a red bar titled "Delete Contact." Press that and boom! The contact is gone.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. I'm moving this post over to the Help forum, as that may have been why no one saw it - it was lost! Sorry. But, hopefully others will see it ... and correct me if I've messed up the answer. :D

Hi Marilyn,
I believe this will delete one contact at a time. I was wondering if it is possible to delete an entire group at once. Can this be done?

Thanks

Ken

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand - how do you have your Contact group established on the iPad? I use an app called Mail Shot to make groups and the group is stored in my Contacts app under one name (e.g. "Family"). I can edit/delete that group as like any other single name.

I know of no other way to make group lists in Contacts. So, I'm sorry, but if you don't have your groups in your Contacts like this, then I don't know how to delete them.

Marilyn

lisae0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can you tell me how I can edit a group email I can't get the complete list up ?
Thanks

Most reactions