What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete App

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to I delete an app COMPLETELY?

If you mean from your iPad, just press the icon until it wiggles, press the "x" in the upper left corner, accept the "are you sure?" Notice and you're done. It'll be gone from the iPad.

If you mean from showing in your Purchased tab in the AppStore, I'm afraid you can't. Apple keeps those for record keeping or historical purposes and they cannot be removed from your account.

You can remove apps from iTunes, however. You can highlight the app and hit the delete key. If you elect to move it to the Recycle Bin, it'll be permanently removed from iTunes (until/unless you download it from the AppStore...).

Hope some of this is useful.

Marilyn

OP
B

bill57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. But as long as an app is shown as a purchased app, it may be brought down from the cloud and reactivated. I just want to start all over, with a fresh one.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apps are connected to your Apple ID. There's no possibility to delete them from your purchased list, as already told by Mickey330.

The only way to start all over again, would be to erase all content and settings on your iPad, create a new Apple ID and set up your device with the new ID, without backup. This way all the other apps you purchased before, with your current ID, will be gone as well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you contact Apple iTunes support they will probably remove the app from your purchase history; after warning you that you'll have to pay again if you want the app again.

Unlike Apple Tech Support, Apple iTunes Support is free.

Most reactions

Latest posts