What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete app on ipad mini

billo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to apple IPad and just bought my IPad mini. I installed an App but want to remove it.
All and any help will be appreciated

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press and hold the app icon until it starts to wiggle. You will then see an "X" in the upper left corner. Press on the X and then agree to the precautionary pop-up and that's it, the app is gone from your Mini.

Marilyn

Gary BG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seemed to work in the past, but now I can not get the X's to appear on the apps! They all giggle, but not all of the get an X ....... specifically the one I want to remove. What can I do?
GaryGB ( forgive me, I'm new at this and put my question in the wrong place : )

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which one do you want to remove? The built in apps, such as Settings, Mails, ... cannot be deleted. Some of them can be restricted, though, which means you wouldn't see the apps any more.

Last edited:

Gary BG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which one do you want to remove? The built in apps, such as Settings, Mails, ... cannot be deleted. Some of them can be restricted, though, which means you wouldn't see the apps any more.
I want to delete the app "News Stand" which I really do not need anymore. It's just clutter, so if I can't delete it ...... it can stay and I'll ignore it. I appreciate your help.
Gary BG

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Newstand app is a stock app and cannot be deleted.

All you can do is hide it in a folder and try to forget about it. Sorry.

Marilyn

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to delete the app "News Stand" which I really do not need anymore. It's just clutter, so if I can't delete it ...... it can stay and I'll ignore it. I appreciate your help.
Gary BG
I made a folder for Unused apps so its there with all the other dross but not taking up space

ramteid49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seemed to work in the past, but now I can not get the X's to appear on the apps! They all giggle, but not all of the get an X ....... specifically the one I want to remove. What can I do?
GaryGB ( forgive me, I'm new at this and put my question in the wrong place : )
I'm having somewhat the same problem, no x but wiggles....have restrictions off...have tried most of everything that has been posted....the App is Awardwallet, runs fine on my iPhone 6 but not on my iPad mini 2, can't delete or reinstall the app
Any help wouldn't be appreciated
Thanx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do the other apps you added to your iPad get the X when you press and hold the app icon? Is Awardwallet the only one that doesn't get an X?

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage, searching for the Awardwallet app, tapping it and tapping delete app on the next screen, then confirming the deletion.

ramteid49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do the other apps you added to your iPad get the X when you press and hold the app icon? Is Awardwallet the only one that doesn't get an X?

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage, searching for the Awardwallet app, tapping it and tapping delete app on the next screen, then confirming the deletion.

Thanks for the quick reply....it worked and I was able to reinstall the app again
Thanks again for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts