What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

decreasing in sound typing in the new ipad

khoury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had intermittent problems with my sound on my new ipad...The only problem I have with it is that the typing is badly low and neither the switch side left is down nor the switch sound. is there any way to found a best solution how to RESET my ipad's sound?
Thx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What you want is probably under the Sounds settings. In iOS 5 they are under Settings > General > Sounds. In iOS 6 Sounds have their own top level settings icon.

Either way, the very first setting is Ringer and Alerts. This controls all the system sound levels. If the button, Change With Buttons, is on, then system sounds change with the general volume levels. If it is off then they are set to whatever the slider says, unless the iPad is Muted, in which case there are no system sounds.

I've noticed the the key clicks seem softer on iOS 6 than they did on iOS 5. Or maybe I'm just imagining it. Either way, max is max, and I don't know of any way to increase their volume.

Most reactions

Latest posts