What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decisions Decisions...

Which to buy? Which is "best"

• iPad Mini w/ Retina Display 32GB

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • iPad Air 16GB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JamesRM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Evening Forum,

My name is James and I'm new to the forum today!

The story behind it goes a little like so, at the start of 2013 me and my Fiance were talking about how kids today are so privileged with new tech etc where as when we were young it was conkers on a piece of string! Don't get me wrong I loved a game of conkers me! Anyway, my fiance told me that she has always wanted an iPad but she just doesn't have that kind of money after paying bills to treat herself to one. I recently was offered a promotion within the company i work for which also came with a more tasty wage slip. Thus enabling me to get her an iPad for Christmas. Now whilst fishing for what kind of one she wanted without giving away too much of what she could expect I asked her simply, What iPad would you prefer? She told me iPad mini w/o retina (as air and w/ retina weren't released at this point in time). I haven't asked her since the two of the new ones were released as to not raise any suspicion as I want this to be a nice surprise for her!

Anyway I've been looking into the specs of the two and they both have exactly the same obviously minus the screen size difference.

My question is quite simply iPad Mini w/ Retina 32GB or iPad Air 16GB? (both WiFi)

As you can probably tell my budget is no more than £400!

Please Help!

Many thanks

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I say go for the rMini 32 GB. It's lightweight and perfect IMO. I've had an ipad 2, ipad 4 and currently ipad mini w/o retina that I got earlier this year. I have never enjoyed my iPads as I have the mini.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I, too, would say to go for the Mini. For one thing, you can get more storage space for the money. For the other, well, she said she wanted the Mini. ;)

So, now she gets the Mini AND it'll have the added benefit of a retina screen. Win! :)

Marilyn

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I, too, would say to go for the Mini. For one thing, you can get more storage space for the money. For the other, well, she said she wanted the Mini. ;) So, now she gets the Mini AND it'll have the added benefit of a retina screen. Win! :) Marilyn

She would get the retina display with the air too. And, ya never know if that much larger screen would be pleasing to her. The storage is an issue though, I agree.

It's a nice problem to have. Good luck, James. Welcome to the forum too. :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife bought a Mini because it fits into the pocket on the back of her favorite purse. Get the lucky lady a Mini.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go eeny,meeny,miny,moe and there is your decision :D

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good Evening Forum, My name is James and I'm new to the forum today! The story behind it goes a little like so, at the start of 2013 me and my Fiance were talking about how kids today are so privileged with new tech etc where as when we were young it was conkers on a piece of string! Don't get me wrong I loved a game of conkers me! Anyway, my fiance told me that she has always wanted an iPad but she just doesn't have that kind of money after paying bills to treat herself to one. I recently was offered a promotion within the company i work for which also came with a more tasty wage slip. Thus enabling me to get her an iPad for Christmas. Now whilst fishing for what kind of one she wanted without giving away too much of what she could expect I asked her simply, What iPad would you prefer? She told me iPad mini w/o retina (as air and w/ retina weren't released at this point in time). I haven't asked her since the two of the new ones were released as to not raise any suspicion as I want this to be a nice surprise for her! Anyway I've been looking into the specs of the two and they both have exactly the same obviously minus the screen size difference. My question is quite simply iPad Mini w/ Retina 32GB or iPad Air 16GB? (both WiFi) As you can probably tell my budget is no more than £400! Please Help! Many thanks

She may prefer the mini over the Air, although I would get the Air 64gb. I read that woman like the mini as it is easier for them to carry, protect, and secure in their purse. I can understand that this may eliminate carrying around the larger iPad Air. Just saying...

OP
J

JamesRM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks to those who answered my question.

Especially those who actually looked at the question and said one of my two choices!!

Thanks again.

NickJames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even I would suggest you to go for Ipad mini because I am using it and till now I don't have any issues with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts