What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decal Skins

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tell me about decal skins. I saw a burlwood skin at Decalgirl's website that I might be interested in. Are they hard to get applied right? How do they look? How do they hold up? Can they be removed and reused? Where do you get the ones like the Snow White holding the Apple.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snow White Revenge iPad Vinyl Skin Sticker Decal - eBay (item 150495205664 end time Oct-18-10 05:30:34 PDT)

Relative easy to apply, dont leave any marks when its removed, looks great and protects the ipads back well.

Using my self a skin from SGP with a carbon look.
http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/23_36

ipad_skinguard_carbon_photo2.jpg

or just search ebay "ipad skin".

If u do bay one with the apple logo cut out, begin to cut out a strip right across the apple and fix it right and then work your way up and down otherwise is it hard to get the apple logo perfect placed.

Last edited:

kailess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive used Geleskins and UniqueSkins. Both provide great service and great products. Skins aren't hard to get on, they just require a measure of patience. They say the skins are reusable, as far as adhesion I believe they would be, but I always end up stretching mine out of shape when I remove them. But by then I'm always ready for something new anyway. Products from both companies hold their color really well also.

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use decal girl skins. They are fairly easy to apply--just a little patience required.

Mine have held up well on all my devices.

Some say they can be reused if you are careful in removing them, but I only change mine when I'm tired of the design.

I'm debating taking the front skin off my ipad. It's the first device I've put one on where the front screen wasn't a separate piece and I'm thinking it would look better smooth. I use a sleeve rather than a case, so I'll keep one on the back for scratch protection and looks.

The come off cleanly, leaving no residue.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am still trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile since it would usually be in a folio case anyway.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am still trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile since it would usually be in a folio case anyway.

I do have mine In a leather case horizontal flip@ 99% of the time, but when I do take It out It do look darn great.

USE a skin, dust, sand etc will come in between the case and the back of the ipad and rubb against eachother, so a skin Is a cheap and a good looking way to save It a little bit more.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My iPad usually sits in a leather folio, although I've also used a customized Zaggskin on the back for when I take it out. The ZaggSkin was pretty easy to apply, took about 10 minutes and it went on like a charm. Here's a picture of both:

62899_1540031292966_1000419365_1534444_4401541_n.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions