What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debit card not allowed?

ButchBader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well yeah basically on my ipad mini my debit card was working fine with the App Store and all of a sudden I had to re-enter my details so I did and now it throws up an error. I've searched all over and tried solutions but nothing has worked. I phoned my bank and they said my ipad is not a blocked device. Anyone got any ideas as I don't fancy taking my ipad into the apple store as it is a fair bit away.

Cheers
Ben

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well yeah basically on my ipad mini my debit card was working fine with the App Store and all of a sudden I had to re-enter my details so I did and now it throws up an error. I've searched all over and tried solutions but nothing has worked. I phoned my bank and they said my ipad is not a blocked device. Anyone got any ideas as I don't fancy taking my ipad into the apple store as it is a fair bit away.

Cheers
Ben

You can read here, which payment methods are accepted: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5552
Debit cards are not mentioned. It seems they are not allowed any more.

Crazy BigGaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to pull up an old post.
When setting up my AppleID I tried to add my Visa Debit card (UK) and it failed.
There was just over £1 on it at the time, I was wondering if this is why it failed?

Can I use PayPal in the UK?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to pull up an old post.
When setting up my AppleID I tried to add my Visa Debit card (UK) and it failed.
There was just over £1 on it at the time, I was wondering if this is why it failed?

Can I use PayPal in the UK?

I can confirm that Visa Debit cards in the UK do work. I would think that as long as it is in credit you should be ok.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts