What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear iPad - an open letter to my gizmo

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear iPad
Just a quick note to thank you for being here for me while I am stuck waiting to see if I get picked for jury duty. Once again, I find myself Thankful for you as I don't know what I would do without you here. I would be bored to tears, restless and talking to strangers. Thank you so much for being here for me.

Sincerely,

NYC Adam

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine with me to work, keep it in my car, then use it for the full 15 breaks I get. Love it, helped me stop smoking (ooo! another reason to get an iPad!)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICEHITMAN said:
I take mine with me to work, keep it in my car, then use it for the full 15 breaks I get. Love it, helped me stop smoking (ooo! another reason to get an iPad!)

How did it help you quit smoking?

When I get mine, I'll surely post.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It helped me quit smoking. This is how. Usually, I would go sit out in my car on my break at work. After I bought my iPad 2, I told myself that I would stop smoking. Along with tic tacs, me and my iPad 2 have been having fun for a week smoke free. It let's me touch it with my fingers keeping myself busy. And I named my white iPad Smokey. =)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICEHITMAN said:
It helped me quit smoking. This is how. Usually, I would go sit out in my car on my break at work. After I bought my iPad 2, I told myself that I would stop smoking. Along with tic tacs, me and my iPad 2 have been having fun for a week smoke free. It let's me touch it with my fingers keeping myself busy. And I named my white iPad Smokey. =)

I know you just made a big investment buy purchasing Smokey, but I'm sure after about 6 months, you will see the differences in your savings and your insurance will also go down. Proud of you!!!! You can continue to be healthy!!! :D

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My favorite areas:

- Couch
- Bed
- Train/Bus
- Work

It is rarely out of arms-length. It has been used in a tent, a high-speed train, about five countries including it's birthplace, countless offices, coffee shops and random places to sit in various cities.

iPad, you're the best!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I use mine at work for both things like scanning the network and what-not, and also use it to pull up stuff over ATT 3G that the local network cant access.

I made my own Homemad car mount that goes over the stereo so that I can use the ipad as a large GPS and also stream music.

and I use it to control everything that I have automated at my home. :)

Reaction score
ICEHITMAN said:

How did it help you quit smoking?

When I get mine, I'll surely post.

Use your Ipad in areas you can't smoke. A nicotine attack lasts about a minute and they stop after about a week. It is hardly ever the attack that causes people to fail but the mental and physical habit that does.
I've been able to quit for hours, for weeks, for a year, but it was the habit I never got over and dragged me back down. I've been a smoker for 34 years, it's like learning to write with the other hand hard for me but if you really want to stay quit you will.I smoke less than half a pack now for a couple years vs 2 packs a day before my last quit .
I use my Ipad just about anywhere at home and if not for having my Incredible I'd probably take it with me more places other than a time killer and/or pencil & paper replacement. I find myself doing more on my Ipad each day that I used to do on my phone but the phone is still very handy, like last night when I was talking to a neighbor about roofing contractors, he had one in his phone,I pulled out my Inc and took it down vs going in the house and getting my Ipad to write it down.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited:

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
The iPad. Is there anything it CAN'T do?

That's a question sure to get the trolls in here.

It can't do flash!

J/K - I could care less about flash!

I use mine during my commute to and from work every day. Also, it is freaking awesome during lunch and breaks to keep up with podcasts and other stuff.

And to fly my geek flag high, I use it for all my D&D games (books, maps, characters). No 4th ed, however. only first and 3.5. I maintain an online 3.5 ed character database and use it to access my characters for those games and I have a nice spreadsheet I use Docs2go to access the first ed stuff. With the multitasking, I can have the books open to the pages I need and swap between characters in instants.

I use mine at work most of the day with doing and reading whitepapers and running through checklists for different procedures for different machines. A little thinking outside the box and adaptation and the iPad makes a great tool for nearly every aspect of at least my work (network engineer.)

Most reactions

Latest posts