Dear apple & iOs5.... I HATE safari changes ...Especially tabs!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by tturbonegro, Oct 18, 2011.

?

Do You Like Safari's Tabs Feature in iOS 5?

1. Yes, I love tabs, it's about time!

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. No, I wish they would have kept the thumbnails.

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Undecided, need more time to figure it out.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    There should at least be an option.... as there should be with ANY feature or UI element. I still have 4.3.5 so I still got my trusty thumbs which I prefer on smaller screens like this.

2. metroloon

metroloon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tabs are a good option but the implementation in ios safari takes up too much screen space - why the tab-high line of dead space above the tabs? and why force changing to a tab to close it - other browsers display the close 'x' all the time. 6/10 for implementation - minus 5 for unilaterally removing thumbnails with no option to get them back.

3. heather17015

heather17015
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    HATE iOS 5 SAFARI TABS

Please bring back the Safari thumbnails. It's too hard to distinguish between webpages using tabs. Thumbnails gave you a visual peek of the page you're looking for. At least give the user a choice. I dislike it so very much that I'm thinking of restoring my ipad to the prior version. Anyone know a way around this? Is it possible to get the thumbnails back?

4. richsadams

richsadams
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
    Hacking Rules - Please read
    iPad for Beginners
    Free iPad User Manuals
    Download The Official iPad Forum App

Regarding your post, first this is not a forum run by Apple so you're only "speaking" to other members and visitors. :) If you would like to let Apple know your thoughts you should use their feedback form:

Apple iPad Feedback

Second, unfortunately you cannot "restore your iPad to a prior version". Third, no, it's not possible to get the thumbnails back in Safari. I suspect an enterprising developer will fill the void with a new browser app one of these days. FWIW there were numerous complaints about Safari on the iPad not employing tabs when it was first introduced. You can't please all of the people.

Those are probably not the answers your were looking for, but hope that helps.

Welcome again and enjoy!

5. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Correct - but you CAN provide the options to turn things on or off. That essentially does please all the people: The "tabbers" would be happy, and the "thumbers" would be happy. Just saying :)

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I think this thread has run it's course. Thanks, everyone!

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.