What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead?

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My iwatch is displaying this symbol.
I’m thinking dead charger.
Thoughts?

Thank you
Mark
F24A3D0F-1374-4C49-B493-AF3718AEC2A3.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’d see that if your battery is almost completely exhausted. Try charging for a few hours to see if there’s a difference. If not try a different charger to see if the charger is at fault. How old is your Apple Watch?

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should also mention that when I picked the watch off the charger this morning that it was very hot

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the battery in the Watch became very hot during charging there is something seriously wrong with the battery. If you live close enough to visit an Apple store you should get a diagnostic done at the Genius Bar. Your battery likely needs replacement. If so, they’ll quote a price for the battery replacement.
BTW, just before the battery problems started how long was your battery lasting before needing a recharging? Also, was there a thermometer icon on the screen when you took it off the charger? This means that the temperature of your Apple Watch has exceeded safe operating temperatures.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts