Dead pixel on my ipad screen

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by mardhiahiftiah, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mardhiahiftiah

mardhiahiftiah iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a small dead pixel on my ipad screen.. Sometimes it change to red when the screen is black and change to blue when screen is white... Some one help me... Should i claim the warranty....
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Apple seem to have a fairly generous policy towards replacing defective iPads although there have been varying reports of success with dead pixels. For sure, it would annoy me and I'd most certainly have returned it.

Tim
  3. DrHouse

DrHouse iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I had a dead pixel on my iPhone a while ago. Finally, I got to the Apple store to see if they could fix it or replace it. To my surprised, it did not show up anymore. The Apple Genius asked me if I had updated my iPhone recently and that was the case. Seems that in some cases, just resetting your device can fix a dead/stuck pixel.

1- backup your device
    2- try a shutdown/reboot of your device holding the sleep button. If it does not do the trick, continue with next step
    3- connect your device to iTunes, and set as a new device, wiping everything...
    4- check for the dead pixel. If you're lucky, it should be gone
    5- restore your device with your backup

In my case, without knowing it, it solved my problem. I don't know if its the dfu mode, or starting from scratch, but it worked. Of course, this will work with a stuck pixel. If it is really dead, Apple Store is your next destination...

VicoPad addict!