What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dead ipad cant restore(jailbroken)

ootyty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i had an ipad 3 and i jailbroken it few days ago and works just fine.but after several days of leaving it aside it cant turns on anymore and charged it for a whole day but still cant turn on.
i try to restore it but getting 2 types of error 1-error 3194 then after resolving this error i got another error 2-error 1602.i google it and does everything i can but still cant restore it.hoping that anyone can help me up with this freaking ipad??thanks in advanced.

OP
O

ootyty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm try that already but still getting error 1600.
i did try using tiny umbrella but the place to uncheck that setting is freeze,it doesnt allow me to choose.so i use the alternative way but still get error 1600.i even switch of firewall and other security software.
i deleted everything that is related to gs.apple.com
any other way??

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hmm try that already but still getting error 1600.
i did try using tiny umbrella but the place to uncheck that setting is freeze,it doesnt allow me to choose.so i use the alternative way but still get error 1600.i even switch of firewall and other security software.
i deleted everything that is related to gs.apple.com
any other way??

If TU does not allow you to change the setting, then it is protected by Windows. You need to use the alternative method stated in the guide using Notepad with Admin privileges.

If you are sure that you have no references to gs.apple.com in your hosts file, and 6.1.3 still refuses to install using DFU mode as outlined in the tutorial, then it points to something else on your PC interfering. I appreciate you say that firewall etc. has been disabled, but if the latest iTunes is failing to update the device to 6.1.3 in DFU mode, then you can only look at other PC software, or perhaps the cable, USB socket, etc.

Do you have access to any other PC to try? Can you take it to an Apple store? They will restore it for you on the spot.

Most reactions