What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De authourising then authorising

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just deauthorised 3 computers 2 dead ones and my husbands, who lets me use it.
Then read at the end, can only deauthorise when you have used 5!
But itunes says I have 0 authorised great, now having spent ages trying to authorise his still cant get there, info say go to itunes store hover over the top and a menu will appear no it will not. This is the latest version of itunes downloaded today before I synced both ipads 2 and mini. Neither synced properly as not same info on both.
Also ipad was next to me and computer not plugged in USB and itunes kept saying syncing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to authorize up to 5 computers to access your content. To deauthorize computers, it's not necessary that 5 are authorized.

Here's how you authorize a computer:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201251

Hovering only works when you use iTunes in full screen mode. In any other case, you have to click.

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just deauthorised 3 computers 2 dead ones and my husbands, who lets me use it.
Then read at the end, can only deauthorise when you have used 5!
But itunes says I have 0 authorised great, now having spent ages trying to authorise his still cant get there, info say go to itunes store hover over the top and a menu will appear no it will not. This is the latest version of itunes downloaded today before I synced both ipads 2 and mini. Neither synced properly as not same info on both.
Also ipad was next to me and computer not plugged in USB and itunes kept saying syncing.

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible to authorize up to 5 computers to access your content. To deauthorize computers, it's not necessary that 5 are authorized.

Here's how you authorize a computer:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201251

Hovering only works when you use iTunes in full screen mode. In any other case, you have to click.
Thanks
Finally managed to find the menu not quite as the site says, why would anyone think to hide the menu the thing to do,beats me. I can see choosing after but then

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

It looks like you couldn't finish your post. Is there still a problem, or were you able to authorize your computer?

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome.

It looks like you couldn't finish your post. Is there still a problem, or were you able to authorize your computer?
Thanks yes after the then was supposed to be an emotion
Once I found the menu, which hopefully is Permanently there, it was easy tthanks I had spent ages on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts