What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ddropped iPad and repair

mhogard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I dropped my iPad one on a tile floor. It worked fine after. However, about a week later, I went to turn it off and found the metal case was bent and the on/off button would not work. Its a 64G with wifi. A apple offered my $419 toward the same model which is a refubished one I assume. To get it fixed I can replaace the back for $150. If they break the gas when the remove the back the cost goes to $300. I planned to get an iPad 3 when they come out and pass this along to my grandson. If I cannot turn it off, does anyone have any idea how this will affect the battery life.

Right now I'm leaning toward not having it repaired. I'd appreciate thoughts as to what others would do. I would like my grandson to be able to use it for a while.

Thanks for any suggestions.

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rule of thumb for repairing anything is if it costs more than half it's value to repair, get a new one, else go ahead with the repair. I had my 1G repaired over almost exactly the same problem. I had to ship it to another city and got it back promptly with the case bent back into shape.

Alternately you could just go to settings and set the sleep time to two minutes if you're concerned about battery life. I never turn mine off, but you need the power button for screen shots and resets.

Most reactions