What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Date on home screen

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My date on the home screen is showing yesterday's date - how do I put this right? I've tried closing the app. but makes no difference... Tim

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked in the settings , under general, date and time, check country location

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have explained it's the Calendar icon I'm referring to. Tim

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waters said:
I should have explained it's the Calendar icon I'm referring to. Tim

Yes I did understand , the date and time in the setting app under general , check the settings.

image-267478975.jpg

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No that's fine & correct. The Calendar itself is highlighting today's date but the Calendar icon on bottom row of home screen says Sat 23rd....

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waters said:
No that's fine & correct. The Calendar itself is highlighting today's date but the Calendar icon on bottom row of home screen says Sat 23rd....

Have you tried a reboot or total switch off and on again?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, have you checked your town and country are correct, then enabled auto on

image-3867928651.jpg

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Says London & auto is on; when you say total turn off...?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Says London & auto is on; when you say total turn off...?

Like this....
Restarting and resetting iPad
If something isn’t working right, try restarting iPad, forcing an app to close, or resetting iPad.

Restart iPad: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPad. To turn iPad back on, hold down the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.

Force an app to close: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then hold down the Home button until the app closes.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Important:
When Time Zone Support is on, Calendar displays event dates and times in the time zone of the city you selected.
When Time Zone Support is off, Calendar displays events in the time zone of your current location as determined by your Internet connection. When you travel, iPad may not display events or sound alerts at the correct local time.

To manually set the correct Date & Time
These settings apply to the time shown in the status bar at the top of the screen, and in world clocks and calendars.

Set whether iPad shows 24-hour time or 12-hour time: Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. (24-Hour Time may not be available in all countries or regions.)
Set whether iPad updates the date and time automatically
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.

If iPad is set to update the time automatically, it determines your time zone based on your Internet connection and updates it for the time zone you’re in. If you’re traveling, iPad may not be able to automatically set the local time.

Set the date and time manually
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, then turn Set Automatically off. Tap Time Zone to set your time zone.

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many many thanks for your help; I followed your restart suggestion & it's worked! You're a genius! Cheers Tim.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waters said:
Many many thanks for your help; I followed your restart suggestion & it's worked! You're a genius! Cheers Tim.

Glad it is sorted out, cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts