What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DataLocker and DropBox - how to implement?

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another thread mentions the use of DataLocker to protect data with, inter alia, DropBox.

I've had DataLocker for a while now, but it comes without any help file, manual or instructions so I have no real idea how to use it.

I run DropBox across three Macs, two under MacOSX.4.11 and one under MacOSX.6.8, as well as onto my iPad but I have no idea how to implement the added security of DataLocker.

I did read, whilst Googling a few days since, that it only works on files uploaded to DropBox since DataLocker was installed but I can't find that review now so aren't sure if I dreamt it!

Can anyone help with some simple (for a very simple questioner) instructions on how to install and implement this seemingly useful app?

Do i need it on all four devices?

Does it need configuring on any or all of those devices - and if so, how on earth do I do it?

How do I "link it" to my DropBox account as stated on this Techcrunch page?

What appears to be a highly regarded piece of software is let down by the seeming lack of any documentation - although, as I said above, I am a very simple questioner!

Many thanks in advance.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apologies for resurrecting this question, but does anyone have any advice?

I have tried emailing DataLocker's support team on three separate occasions now but they have failed to even acknowledge my queries, let alone answer them - which doesn't inspire confidence in their software.

Most reactions