1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

DataLocker and DropBox - how to implement?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iBozz, Jun 4, 2012.

1. iBozz

iBozz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Another thread mentions the use of DataLocker to protect data with, inter alia, DropBox.

I've had DataLocker for a while now, but it comes without any help file, manual or instructions so I have no real idea how to use it.

I run DropBox across three Macs, two under MacOSX.4.11 and one under MacOSX.6.8, as well as onto my iPad but I have no idea how to implement the added security of DataLocker.

I did read, whilst Googling a few days since, that it only works on files uploaded to DropBox since DataLocker was installed but I can't find that review now so aren't sure if I dreamt it!

Can anyone help with some simple (for a very simple questioner) instructions on how to install and implement this seemingly useful app?

Do i need it on all four devices?

Does it need configuring on any or all of those devices - and if so, how on earth do I do it?

How do I "link it" to my DropBox account as stated on this Techcrunch page?

What appears to be a highly regarded piece of software is let down by the seeming lack of any documentation - although, as I said above, I am a very simple questioner!

Many thanks in advance.
  2. iBozz

iBozz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Apologies for resurrecting this question, but does anyone have any advice?

I have tried emailing DataLocker's support team on three separate occasions now but they have failed to even acknowledge my queries, let alone answer them - which doesn't inspire confidence in their software.