What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data security on cloud

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how secure data on the cloud might be - for example, would iCloud meet security standards for HIPAA?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple has not yet released it's security certifications, however we expect to see HIPAA certification.

-t

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dropbox is not currently HIPAA compliant

-t

garypat234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know what all that means, but it works like a charm for me. What is this compliant thing you refer to?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HIPAA is required for the medical industry

-t

OP
M

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HIPAA is a set of U.S. rules/standards for security and privacy (among other things) of medical records. Hefty fines and other legal consequences for violating HIPAA standards.

Dropbox reportedly did not develop their security w/ HIPAA in mind......thus, even though they might be secure, health care providers take legal risks by storing health info on dropbox.

garypat234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well luckily I'm not in the medical industry. No worries for me. I just got tired of emailing documents to myself so I could have them on my iPad. Dropbox was and continues to be such a life saver. I have my own personal server out there for free. If u use it tell them I referred you and I get 250 free megabytes. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts