What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data Plan question

applelisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: I have an early unopened Ipad 32gb 3g wifi - Mailing date was 6/20/2010. I think it should qualify for the original unlimited data plan. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for any help... Bill

OP
A

applelisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply - Your reply does sound logical, anyone else have a different view?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he's right. The mailing/deliver/sale date of the ipad has nothing to do with the date you sign up for service. Conceivably, one could never sign up for 3g service, that doesn't entitle to a price/plan that no longer exists. Sorry. :(

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply - Your reply does sound logical, anyone else have a different view?

AT&T probably does.

If you didn't sign up for unlimited service when it was offered, why would they offer it to you, when they don't offer it any more?

Having a car that was made in 1975 and never driven wouldn't get you to gas for 90 cents a gallon.

Couldn't hurt to ask though... they have competition now.

Last edited:

ParishM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm not sure it's so black and white, AT&T advertised that
iPads ordered or purchased before a certain cutoff date
were eligible for the unlimited plan. i believe it was around
July 10 give or take so if he can prove his was ordered
before that date they might just give it to him.

as for it being no longer available, well i sold my 3GS and
had a Nexus 1 for 3 months before going back to the iPhone
and all it took was a little begging to the right supervisor
and i got my unlimited plan back. so anything it possible !

Most reactions