What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

data on and off a ipad 2

grishart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy an ipad 2 but have a few questions.

Can anyone help.

1) I want to use the ipad when on holiday in Spain where I have no internet. If I have a pdf or word doc on my laptop how do I get this onto my ipad to email (as there is no usb drive!)

2) I watch alot of avi files (A) how do I put them onto the ipad and (B) how do I view them on it?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy an ipad 2 but have a few questions.

Can anyone help.

1) I want to use the ipad when on holiday in Spain where I have no internet. If I have a pdf or word doc on my laptop how do I get this onto my ipad to email (as there is no usb drive!)

2) I watch alot of avi files (A) how do I put them onto the ipad and (B) how do I view them on it?

Thanks

You can transfer documents to and from your laptop using iTunes on the laptop. The iPad can connect to your laptop using the USB cable that comes with it and you can transfer documents, movies, music, etc back and forth to the iPad over this cable using the (free) iTunes software from Apple.

Most Members use a third party app to transfer general files to and from the iPad (in addition to iTunes). GoodReader is the favourite and it has many tricks up its sleeve. So you'll be able to transfer AVI files from your laptop to your iPad using this. To watch the files you'll need a video viewer and most Members use OPlayer, which supports most video formats.

I'm sure that, as the day progresses, you'll get plenty of other recommendations too.

Tim

Most reactions