What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark spots on the side of the screen

designflaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have some dark spots on the side of the screen. Just wondering if anyone knows what this is. The screen is cracked and I was going to get it replaced but if that is not going to help, I rather just get a new one. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 6,291

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have bleeding of the backlight along the edge of the screen. The dark spots are just the areas between the light leaking through from the backlight. did this happen only after the screen was cracked or was it visible before? Replacing the screen will fix the problem.

OP
D

designflaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to say that we started noticing it after the screen got cracked. Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to look into getting the screen replaced!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Let us know how the screen replacement works out. BTW, did you get AppleCare+ for the iPad when you purchased it? If so, and if it hasn't expired yet, the screen replacement could be covered under the accidental damage provision for the cost of a payment of $79.00.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am going to say that there is some LCD / backlight issues going on there on top of the cracked screen. It is possible that LCD/backlight was damaged when the glass was broken.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to say that there is some LCD / backlight issues going on there on top of the cracked screen. It is possible that LCD/backlight was damaged when the glass was broken.
That would explain why the backlight bleeding problem didn't exist before the screen was cracked.

Most reactions