What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danger

sergei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody

I'm a new apple user. I have got ipad 3 wifi. 16Gb. And i jailbreaked it 2 weeks ago.
But after I reset my ipad by itself, now it's just cant access.

Please guys, help me.

rooCASE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My understanding is, you pressed the reset all button in your jailbroken iPad's settings right? If I recall correctly, if you have a jailbroken device and you reset all settings or erase all content (one or the other) through your device, this will corrupt your files and will no longer boot up. This happened to me personally before. If this is the case, the only solution that I found is to restore your iPad through iTunes. Unfortunately, this will update your device to iOS 6. The only way to downgrade back to 5.1.1 and get it jailbroken again is if the window is still open to do so. Please see a fellow member's post here for instructions.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should not use the "reset" functions on a jailbroken device. They will not function.

You have 2 choices. If you want to be jailbroken on 5.1.1 again, you will need to be very quick and follow this thread - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/90123-time-sensitive-restore-ipad-ios-5-1-1-a.html

Time is running out and Apple will block installation of IOS 5.1.1 very soon.

If you want to update to IOS6 and lost the chance to jailbreak for the time being, follow this guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Hope that helps.

OP
S

sergei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow, thank you guys. really!!! because now i'm in really hard time, i bought ipad 3, actually my wife. we save money for a year.

Problem is it doesn't even turn on, and when i plug it into my computer it doesn't appear on the itunes. Now i have no idea what to do.

OP
S

sergei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for your reply. but my ipad doesn't even turn on. doesn't appear when i plug it into the iTunes.

please help me.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to charge it from the mains (not Usb) for a while. Then try the second link above...

OP
S

sergei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to charge it from the mains (not Usb) for a while. Then try the second link above...

im sorry i dont understand that "from the main (now usb)"

but when i charge, it there just low battery red picture. that's it. now i have been charging it almost 2 hours.

rooCASE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the screen lighting up at all? (With or without Apple logo). If your screen does light up but just doesn't boot, your iPad will not show up if its stuck in that stage. If this is the case, you will need to enter DFU mode in order for it to read on your computer. Tutorial link here. If the iPad is completely dead and wont respond even with f4780y's suggestion, you may have to get some help from Apple on getting a replacement.

Edit: I just missed your post, so it's not completely dead. You have hope then!

Last edited:
OP
S

sergei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's worked guys, im really really thank you for your effort.

i'm really appreciate, for your time. you cant imagine how happy i am now.

Most reactions