What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dailymotion search

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello experts, I think by mistake I disabled some thing as result I can not watch video on dailymotion which I search photo attach. Sir if u people did not advice me then it's difficult to run apple product because user iOS few I our city .

Attachments

• image-3186775855.jpg
    image-3186775855.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get the same search results, nothing wrong with settings, their just ain't no Madonna songs

image-592991819.jpg

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But if I search any thing the result same? And as u can see some 42000 videos show in ur result then why these not show now as I use it before it's works

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're in Private Browsing mode. That might be the problem.

Tap the URL bar so that the keyboard pops up. At the top left of the keyboard is a Private button. Tap it and the browser's header will go back to white. Try your site again.

Alternately you can tap the + icon at the top right of the screen. This opens a new empty tab. The Private button will be at the bottom left of the screen. When tapped it will give you the option to change the browsing mode for just that tab, or all tabs.

Private Mode blocks all cookies, which some site may need to work properly.

Best setting for Cookies in Settings Safari is to block all third party sites. This allows sites to store and use their own cookies, but keeps other sites from nosing around in data that has nothing to do with them.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks really u r genuine problem solve. But it's safe to use dailymotion other site without inprivate browseing tks any way

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, jaba123 looks like we both learned something here. I had no idea private mode blocked cookies also. Thanks for that Twerppoet, you the man!

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes Twerppoet is genuine he always teach new things. thank SIR

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tks really u r genuine problem solve. But it's safe to use dailymotion other site without inprivate browseing tks any way

I'm not familiar with the site, but if it is reputable there is no need to browse it in Private Mode or with cookies turned off in Settings > Safari.

With cookies set to block third party sites you only need to worry about the site you are using, and only when on that site. Since the site can not record anything you don't give it, worrying about cookies in this context is mostly pointless. If you are going to worry about anything on a site it should be what information you've given them, not how they store it.

Private Mode is intended to stop the browser from recording information about where you've been and what you've been looking at. It stops cookies, history, and requests that adds not track you (not sure about the last). It overrides whatever you settings you have for cookies in Safari's settings. So, if you are browsing un-reputable or unknown sites and want to feel a little saver, Private Browsing mode is a quick easy way to protect yourself until you decide if you trust them. It won't protect you from yourself though. Don't give personal information to sites that you don't trust.

There is no good reason to turn off cookie blocking altogether. Any site that asks you to do this should be suspect until proven otherwise. Even then, I'd have some words with the site admin about getting with the times and only use the site if there was no other choice.

Most reactions

Latest posts