What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegraph Announces iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqQTukrlCqI&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Telegraph iPad edition[/ame]​

The UK’s Daily Telegraph newspaper has today announced the new premium version of its iPad app. The app will be available seven days a week, and will have all of the Telegraph's main features, such as news (obviously!), business and sport coverage, comment pages, letters, obituaries, and much more. The app will also feature rich digital imagery, including video graphics and picture galleries that will be specially created for the iPad app, and reader favourites such as the Matt and Alex cartoons in a gallery format, and the famous Telegraph crosswords (Quick and Cryptic), which will have a stopwatch so that you can time yourself. The app even has a night mode to enable you to read in darker conditions.

The initial app is free to download, but you’ll have to pay for each edition you read. One edition will cost £1.19 ($1.99) to download, or you can save more than 70% by paying the monthly subscription of £9.99 ($16.99). Subscribers to the print edition of the Telegraph will have completely free access to the app after entering their subscriber code.

Click here to download the free app: The Telegraph for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Telegraph iPad Edition App - Telegraph

hstierho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help

I am trying to use this forum. I have now tried to use the new app. However,
in all instances I am getting this message:
1.Your account may not have satisfactory privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access admintrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account or may be waiting activation.

What am I to do?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang. I've been reading the free version for 6+ months. I suppose this now means I would have to pay $$ to read each edition. I'll pass.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DM51 said:
Dang. I've been reading the free version for 6+ months. I suppose this now means I would have to pay $$ to read each edition. I'll pass.

I thought by subscribing you had access to extra stuff and the free version was still available? if not that sucks :(

Surboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I think The Times app is far superior, in particular The Sunday Times app, 30 days free trial then a whole month for £1 followed by a digital monthly subscription of £8.66...

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:

I thought by subscribing you had access to extra stuff and the free version was still available? if not that sucks :(

I just took a look at it. I couldn't find it on my iPad at first and thought it had gone, but they've changed the app icon (it's now black & white, not red). If you click on it you can see the front page, but if you want any more than that, you have to subscribe. The Matt cartoon is on the front page, so at least that's still free.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it was too good to last. What happened if you didn't update the app - would you still get it free????

Tim

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happened if you didn't update the app - would you still get it free????

Good question - I'm not sure. The update arrived with a whole bunch of others (7 or 8 of them, IIRC) and I stupidly clicked on "update all" instead of reading the details carefully.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happened if you didn't update the app - would you still get it free????

Good question - I'm not sure. The update arrived with a whole bunch of others (7 or 8 of them, IIRC) and I stupidly clicked on "update all" instead of reading the details carefully.

Yes - I did just the same. OK - so it's probably an app that's about to be deleted...

Tim

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
That was mean :D - I can see you know my antipathy towards iTunes - yes, I messed up!! :( Sync - what is that? Connected my iPad to my PC day one and, since then, never.....

Tim

When the iPad is connected to iTunes, does iTunes automatically sync and transfer the newest apps. But as opposed to the iPad, does the desktop have a Recycle Bin. The desktop always has two file versions, the newest one in iTunes and the previous version in the Recycle Bin. So whenever you accidentally update an app, you can restore the older .ipa from the Recycle Bin, delete the app from the iPad and than resync to transfer over the older app version.

But either syncing, or even downloading the apps from time to time onto the desktop iTunes can prevent this.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, well good things never last I'm afraid. I liked reading the app when it was free so I will have to pay now! I'll just add it to the pile of bills that my iPad has built up already. I was never a big newspaper reader and only read the local free paper. Why can't The Telegraph have a free copy and put loads of adverts in it to pay for it like my free local paper. Money makes the world go round I suppose( heck I've got that Cabaret song in my head now)

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Stevedon56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's good but for weekend editions there is a lot you don't get digitally - why?

Property, travel, weekend etc

Sort of defeats object!

martincrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't like the application much, because when we talk about the content Daily is providing to the subscribers it is not upto the mark. Most of the news we have are not updated, and there is some issue with the features as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts