What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dagi Stylus?

HiLandR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a Dagi Stylus a few weeks ago. I've used a Pogo for months but I gotta tell ya, I love the Dagi. It is just so slick. I use it for note taking with "Penultimate" and for sketching with "Sketchbook Pro". Does anyone else use one?

31hFlZvma2L._SS400_.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTeIIi79r8[/ame]

Last edited:

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this habit of spinning my drawing utensil. I don't as a rule use my pogo very much but I don't think I would very much like the little paddle on the end of the Dagi.

heidi22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I used the Dagi, as well as the Pogo and I wasn’t happy with them at all. If we talk strictly iPad, I don’t like using a stylus of that length. Aren’t they too small? Hey, my hand is a normal size and it covers the screen and I can’t see what I’m doing. Also, with those small styluses you have to have the iPad really close to you. So I started looking for a longer stylus and I found Stylus-R-Us. I bought the New Jersey and love it!!! I don’t need to hold the iPad as close and it works perfectly, no pressure at all is needed. It’s just like a feather touch. The New Jersey is telescopic. When it is closed, it measures 5.5 inches, which means I still can used it with my iPhone and iTouch and when I open it, it’s 9.25 inches. That’s what I wanted for my iPad. I use my iPad at work, so when I need somebody to look at a document, charts, and even presentations, I just put it on the stand and everybody can see everything without the interference of my hand. They sell them online at beststylus. Hope this helps you.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In a word, NO! Use the Roger iWand.

No offense intended but that's just a long pogo. The Dagi has prcecise line to line viewing. I can see the EXACT line ends while sketching. The other stylii are opaque blobs.

Didn't know that about the Pogo. Thanks for the info.

But---about the Dagi---I, too, thought that the clear end with the dot would make me more accurate, but it did not. I have to hold it at an angle that is not natural (for me!). Furthermore, the tip is a harder plastic material which does not give me the tactile feedback I seem to need. Same true for the iWand, but it seems to be easier to get used to.

OP
HiLandR

HiLandR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a word, NO! Use the Roger iWand.

No offense intended but that's just a long pogo. The Dagi has prcecise line to line viewing. I can see the EXACT line ends while sketching. The other stylii are opaque blobs.

Didn't know that about the Pogo. Thanks for the info.

But---about the Dagi---I, too, thought that the clear end with the dot would make me more accurate, but it did not. I have to hold it at an angle that is not natural (for me!). Furthermore, the tip is a harder plastic material which does not give me the tactile feedback I seem to need. Same true for the iWand, but it seems to be easier to get used to.
I have actually gotten proficient with the Dagi and I like it best. To each his own for sure.

beowulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm considering getting one, but have some questions/concerns. Do you use the original model with the fixed tip, or the new model with the flexible "elastic" tip? How sturdy is it? It looks like the tip could break easily. Does the manufacturer include some sort of protector cap so you can put it in your shirt pocket without the tip getting tangled/snagged? Thanks for the info!

OP
HiLandR

HiLandR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm considering getting one, but have some questions/concerns. Do you use the original model with the fixed tip, or the new model with the flexible "elastic" tip? How sturdy is it? It looks like the tip could break easily. Does the manufacturer include some sort of protector cap so you can put it in your shirt pocket without the tip getting tangled/snagged? Thanks for the info!

My tip is flexible and it doesn't come with any cap, but it doesn't seem to need one IMO.

Most reactions

Latest posts