1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cydia Support for latest iOS

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by sen_ovung, Mar 21, 2013.

1. sen_ovung

sen_ovung iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have an IPAD 2 and i want to install the latest version of IOS on the device. However, I can't make up my mind as to if I should. Is it worth upgrading my IPad running on iOS 4.3.3 to IOS 6? Also if I update to the latest version on iOS 6, will it support most cydia tweaks. Eg: whatspad, pdanet, fullforce etc. Please advise.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. kidneyshot

kidneyshot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have an ipad2 too, and also jb it at 4.3.3. You can update till iOS 6.1.2 because jb is certain for 6.1.2 the newest is still unknown. For now, dont update because 6.1.2 is not being signed anymore, so it will auto update to 6.1.3 and you will loose your jailbreak.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    If you upgrade your iPad now - you will upgrade it to iOS 6.1.3. This is the only iOS available for upgrade; Apple has closed all other iOS versions.

And, this iOS (6.1.3) is not jail breakable at this time (and probably won't be). So, no, your Cydia tweaks will not work because you can't/won't be able to jail break.

Marilyn
  4. sen_ovung

sen_ovung iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So there is no way that I can update and jailbreak my ipad.... No other versions available too!!! Too bad..

Sent from my iPad using iPF