What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia; "Respring later option" ?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a tweak like this does not exist but thought I'd ask. When downloading several tweaks it would be great if you could choose a respring later option to respring all at one time instead of after each and every tweak.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
I'm pretty sure a tweak like this does not exist but thought I'd ask. When downloading several tweaks it would be great if you could choose a respring later option to respring all at one time instead of after each and every tweak.

You can queue your downloads and install them all at once but I generally do one at a time and test each one so I know what is causing a problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As zphone pointed out, it is best to download tweaks one at a time from Cydia, especially if they are ones you've never tired before, they are new releases or they are old tweaks on a new iOS.

However, you can use Cydia's queuing system to "load up" your downloads, thus saving you a lot of resprings in between. This is very handy if you are re-downloading known tweaks or resorting your iPad on the same firmware.

Here's a picture of a download ready to go, in Cydia:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk X1338237605.372469.jpg

You have three things you can do - (1) Confirm the download and just download that tweak only, (2) cancel the download by hitting the Cancel button, or (3) press the Continue Queuing button so you can remain in Cydia and browse for more tweaks.

This next picture shows the queuing process in action (you can see I've got two tweaks "in the queue"):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk X1338237770.286154.jpg

You may not want to get the queue too large. It'll take time to download tweaks and if your process "times out" before you're done, none of the tweaks will download. So, when you've got trusted tweaks and want to use the queue, I'd still recommend doing small batches at a time. However, it still beats respringing after every download. :)

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh.

And I thought I was doing so well in remembering all the available tutorials here!

You write so MANY, f4780y. :)

Though, I gotta admit ... I never pass up a chance to use Skitch. :D

Marilyn

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts