What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia not updating the changes...

gonefishing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But if I used search function for new packages, I can see it just on the changes tab it doesn't update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What package from what repo and what version is it at?

It would be very unusual for an update to be available and not be offered if it is already installed. Can you take a screenshot of your "installed" version and the version of the "changes" tab which you think is newer, and attach them to your reply?

OP
G

gonefishing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean by what version?

if there's an available update for already installed package it will show the update, but all other new available packages is not showing in the changes tab. Last update shown is still sometime in July.

I hope you understood what I meant.

But if I used the search function and type in new package like "mini banners pro" which is one of the newer one, it will come up and can be install w/o a hitch.

I will post the pic later, coz its my wife's ipad2 that's having a problem while mine is doing ok.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gonefishing said:
But if I used search function for new packages, I can see it just on the changes tab it doesn't update

In the changes tab select it,then modify,then update

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I understand you problem better now. The initial explanation seemed to be opposite of what you were saying.

Sounds like you possibly have a corrupted / locked Cydia file. The file in question typically lives in the folders below var/lib/
The most common one to cause problems is var/lib/dpkg/status
But in your case it may be one of the others. It could be one of the ones in var/lib/Cydia

I would suggest using iFile to RENAME some of those files. Stick .bak at the end of the file name as a backup. Then try running Cydia again. Cydia should rebuild each file you rename and go back to normal. If it fixes the problem, great. If not, move onto another file and try again. If you get into trouble, rename the file back to it's original state by removing the .bak extension you added.

I would certainly start with the files in the Cydia, and dpkg folders. If you want to fastrack the process, try renaming the folders. Cydia should rebuild all their contents. If not, just rename them back.

OP
G

gonefishing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the changes tab select it,then modify,then update

that's not the problem. What I want is to see all the new packages available on my change tab

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And if you press the refresh button? It should show all new packages in changes.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the following.Add or remove any source in cydia.Then refresh after that.See if it helps.

OP
G

gonefishing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now I know the problem, she's playing some game and she adjusted the date/year to fast track her game, now while the ipad was in the year 2015 or 2018, she updated cydia..so some packages were updated while on that future date.

now next question how can I delete those "future" packages?

Here's a screenshot, take note of the date

cb54ac96-a97f-f010.jpg

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should still take a look at the files I mentioned above. That's where all of this data is drawn into Cydia from. If you want to re-set it, take a look at those files...

Usheraaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got the same problem like the screenshot. btw is this problem solved ? if it yes please tell me how to fix it. please help me D;

Most reactions

Latest posts