What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia is confusing (for a newbie)...please help!

ASLazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I just installed Cydia and was expecting it to be at least easier to browse like Apple App/iTunes stores but to my dismay, it's not! I tried to find the right tab to search for apps to download but wasn't directed to the appropriate page. Please help me with steps on how to find apps like games, utilities, etc.

Btw, when I installed it, they asked to pick one of the three choices - user, hack and something else I don't rem and I opted for User. Did I choose the right choice? If so, then I definitely need some guidance!

Thanks for your assistance!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
User is fine for you. MAKE SURE you click on the MAKE MY LIFE EASIER bar to save your SHSH Blob in case you want to revert back to the earlier firmware in the future.

Cydia is very easy to navigate. You just have to use the search.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep in mind that 90% of cydia is tweaks and not apps that you can actually see. Most is trial and error until you get used to using it.

OP
A

ASLazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digikid - is MAKE MY LIFE EASIER bar in Cydia app like settings or something? (btw, thanks for your answer)

Dannyboy85 - tweaks? Is it like reading the info of the "app" and take the risk to download it and see if it's the right one? Do these tweaks have reviews by users? Thanks!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you just have too try it out for yourself or do some research on google before you install it. Unlike the rate system of the app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts