What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Crashing immediately...SOLUTION FOUND!!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine has this problem with Cydia crashing immediately after he launches it. He only has a iMac so does anyone know how to fix this?

WITHOUT RESTORING! :D

OP
D

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fix has been found....with a alternation.

How To Fix Cydia Crash After iPhone Jailbreak | The iPhone and iPad Blog by Simon

Here are the procedures:

1. Launch iPhone Explorer or Use SSH (e.g. Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows) to access the file system of your jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch

EDIT: I would recommend Diskaid instead for Mac users. Much easier and better.

2. Navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete all files under this folder except the “partial” folder

3. Navigate to /var/lib/dpkg/updates. If there is any files inside, please also remove them.

4. Reboot your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.

Once booted up, you should be able to launch Cydia properly.

This worked without having to restore my friends iPad. Cydia seems a lot faster now as well without all that junk around to process.

Godofbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works!

Thanks. Had same issue yesterday after doing a few Cydia updates and your tip resolved the issue instantly. Much appreciated! W.

luckyluk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after we access to var folder than we don't find lib folder......please help!

Most reactions