What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia app icon missing

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what happen but it's gone. My kids might of did something, any who how do I get it back?:confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you flick your springboard to the right and use the spotlight search, type "Cydia", does it still appear in the results? If so, you can launch it from there.
Also, let me know if you have SBSettings installed, and I'll help you unhide it.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
if you flick your springboard to the right and use the spotlight search, type "Cydia", does it still appear in the results? If so, you can launch it from there.
Also, let me know if you have SBSettings installed, and I'll help you unhide it.

If this is the solution perhaps it's a good idea to keep it hidden...so no unwanted installs from cydia by the little ones.....and any other app you don't want them messin' with.

OP
N

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks....I went into sbsetting and unhide it. All is fine now. :)

OP
N

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ntrddragn said:
Thanks....I went into sbsetting and unhide it. All is fine now. :)

Maybe you should keep it hidden..so no un-neccesary installs...;)

being that they are on 4 yrs old so i cant be upset at them..i should now that i know how to hide/unhide. :D i probably will when i give them the ipad to play with. i will also hide and unhide my other gaming apps since this is suppose to be for 'work' :D

Chris86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still cant find Cydia

Hi there I checked the system search and came up with no cydia at all, also what is you were asking if the other user had installed? Thanks.

Chris

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OP was looking for the Cydia icon, which is the icon to access the "app store" for jail broken tweaks and apps. If you have not jail broken your iPad, you will not find Cydia any where on your iPad.

Marilyn

Chris86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP was looking for the Cydia icon, which is the icon to access the "app store" for jail broken tweaks and apps. If you have not jail broken your iPad, you will not find Cydia any where on your iPad.

Marilyn

Hi there sorry for the lack of info but its my iphone thats jailbroken were the cydia icon is missing and not accessable through the search.

Most reactions

Latest posts