What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia app help

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the best application for turning my ipad into a hotspot and being able to connect other wifi capable devices into that. ie, pc, android phone, etc.

I hear that myfi 4.0 is the way to go (paid app)? I'm ok with the cost and buying it, i just want to make sure it will function for my pc and other devices.

Also i'm not sure if that Myfi app will allow for the unrestricted 20mb download via 3g to be replaced, or if i also need another application for that?

ipad1 4.3.5 running redsn0w jailbreak, cydia and rock installed. Just broke a few minutes ago for the first time and am searching for the proper apps to fit my needs.

Thanks

Ash

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You absolutely need to remove rock right away. It was shut down a long time ago when Cydia bought it over. Do not install anything from rock. MyWi lives in Cydia now.

MyWi and PDANet are probably the best 2 choices. I have MyWi and it is perfect in terms of tethering any device to the iPad 3G connection.

These won't however remove the download limits. For that you need an app such as 3G Unrestrictor.

Last edited:
OP
A

Ashenone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y. I see the thread was moved. Noticed after i put it up that the area is mostly for reviews of apps, not questions about them. Theres a noob for ya. Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

Ash

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ash,

I also have MiWi, and it's a great program - worth the unusual price, to me. When I bought the iPhone (a month before the iPad), I signed up for the legitimate Verizon tethering plan, and use that too, but it is far more unreliable and difficult to connect to than MiWi is. MiWi takes a bit of getting used to... just like everything else associated with these durn new-fangled thingamajigs. But you can't go wrong with MiWi. The program developers will even actually communiate with you if you have a problem. I also purchased MiWi's "OnDemand" module. It's a Bluetooth function and works very well.

Good luck.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts