What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cut a long story short

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My son recently asked me why he could not open or see his 155 messages showing on mail icon so I investigated to no avail, I did Googles for answer, I ended up speaking to Apple for a LONG time and they were kind, but no success.

I knew his passcode of 6 digits and could do everything on ipad except open mail but I and my son could not find password used originally.so I decided to restore/update and used the procedure using Itunes attaching laptop to ipad.
as its now locked
To the best of my knowledge, I did restore but cannot access ipad as its now locked, possibly due to fact I pressed "find my ipad" at one time according to Apple. One solution they said was to prove ownership but as it was bought (by me) 9 years ago with another one from Staples, and Staples have gone bust.

Is it time to "bin it" or is there any solution.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your ability to restore the iPad is being caused by the Find My iPhone/iPad feature, you can go to the relevant Cloud account on icloud.com (via any modern browser) and remove it there.

If you’re just trying to get to the email account, and it’s an iCloud (or other Apple) email account, you can access it the same place.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, but straight away, a query, I try icloud.com but it asks for a password and i don't have one, and 2, if its that easy, why did the apple agent do it or suggest it for me?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First: If you don't have the user name (email address) and password for the iCloud account, then you won't be able to access the account. Otherwise anyone could mess with your account. If you at least have the user name you might be able to recover the password.

Second: I don't have enough details to guess why tech support did not go that rout. Most likely it is my lack of info at fault, not theirs. On the other hand, even tech support is not infallible.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did and still do have the user name, its just the password, my son and I tried several previous ones he has used to no avail

Most reactions

Latest posts