What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customising my ipad2

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I got to thinking my iPad was looking a bit boring, can you download themes and the way the keyboard looks too, just something a bit different

Also looking for a nice carry case with handles, preferably neoprene with handles can anyone recommend please

Thank you

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is so great about jail breaking

Lot of things like add more then just 5 apps to the dock. Folders in folders, themes, change the font, change the color of the keyboard, 5 row keyboard to name just a few things you can do when you jailbreak.

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
emem12 said:
How can u jail break

You have to download a program to do it on your computer like redsn0w..search for a guide on YouTube or on these forums.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check put some of the stickies on the jailbreak section.

Sent from K48

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JailBreak it and you open up your iPad to all sorts of mall-ware, and virus's.

Not all apps in clydia are checked like they are in genuine Apple apps. but I must admit there are some cool innovations when you JailBreak, but BEWARE.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robert1305 said:
JailBreak it and you open up your iPad to all sorts of mall-ware, and virus's.

Not all apps in clydia are checked like they are in genuine Apple apps. but I must admit there are some cool innovations when you JailBreak, but BEWARE.

Very true guys. Plus you can run the risk of bricking (rendering your iPad un-usable) if you do not know what you are doing.

I'm running good on my official iOS 5.1 right here

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Very true guys. Plus you can run the risk of bricking (rendering your iPad un-usable) if you do not know what you are doing.

I'm running good on my official iOS 5.1 right here

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

You cannot brick an iOS device. You can always restore to DFU mode some how

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I won't use jailbreak thanks I need my iPad a little more secure plus it is a works iPad too

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
babypink said:
Hi

I won't use jailbreak thanks I need my iPad a little more secure plus it is a works iPad too

As long as you surf the internet on your ipad,it's not secure.As for being a work unit,that's understandable.

Quizzer2093

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
diigtal-nexxus.ca
If you use unsecured wireless to surf the internet then us surfing the Internet is not secure. But if you use a password protected wireless network it is secure. Still wouldn't do a lot of banking on it but I have ordered items via the ipad2

All depends on if the network admin of the wireless network knows what he is doing and protects his network

Most reactions