What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customer relations

katiebonge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought an iPad 2 on jan. 1st. When I plug the charger into the iPad it sticks. I thought it seemed too tight as I have other apple products that do not fit like this. I should have brought it back but I didn't. Two nights ago, while pulling the cord out, I dropped it o. The ground. Of course it cracked. I went to the apple store and they informed me that it would cost 260 dollars for new screen. I decided not to do it.
I called apple today and spoke with Tom. Tom informed me that my iPad is no longer under a warranty and the only way they will fix the port is if I pay to have the screen fixed. When I asked to speak to his boss he refused to give me any contact information. Where do I go from here? I understand I am at fault for dropping it. I just don't understand how they are not standing behind this product. Any advise?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's plain and simple. Your iPad is out of warranty and you dropped and broke the screen. Just spring for the money and have it fixed and move on.

OP
K

katiebonge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Yup, why should they remedy the problem free of charge? Thats not business. Just unfortunate on your side.

I don't expect the screen to be fixed rather the port. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am, like I said, keeping the screen as is. Just thought I might find advise about getting apple to fix the port

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll need to find a third party repair shop to do what you want. Apple is not going to half-fix a device. They aren't set up for custom repair jobs.

iPads go in, they come back out as near to new as they can be made. Much of the time you won't even get your old iPad back. You get a refurbished (like new) iPad, and they send your's back to be refurbished for the next customer in line.

Most reactions

Latest posts