What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom page size in Pages

Ext1jdh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and my search-Fu is weak. If this has already been answered please feel free to redirect me.

I need a custom page size for Pages that matches the iPad portrait screen. I am pretty sure this can't be done in Pages on the iPad but I think it may be possible in Pages on a Mac. I haven't got access to a Mac. Is there a resource where I could get my grubby paws on this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Pages if you go to Document Setup, you can drag the size of a page to anysize you want - well, at least smaller than the on screen image - there are scroll bars on the upper, lower, left and right hand sides of the screen that you can drag.

Tim

OP
Ext1jdh

Ext1jdh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. In document setup I see the blueprint and it says 8.5x11 (us letter) but no scrollbars. On the page itself I see where the text box can be adjusted, but that won't work for my needs.

Is there a tap that will bring up the scrollbars for the page size?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. In document setup I see the blueprint and it says 8.5x11 (us letter) but no scrollbars. On the page itself I see where the text box can be adjusted, but that won't work for my needs.

Is there a tap that will bring up the scrollbars for the page size?

On the blueprint page, you'll see the vertical and horizontal lines - in the middle of each of these lines there's a small triangle/arrow that you can drag left/right (for the vertical bars) and up/down (for the horizontal bars)

Tim

OP
Ext1jdh

Ext1jdh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the arrows in the white page, for the text box. Separate from the header and footer boxes. This is changing the margin but not the page size. That still reports being 8.5x11

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mia culpa - yes, you're right. You can only choose US Letter or A4. As you correctly say, what I was suggesting simply changes the margin size...sorry to have got your hopes up.

Tim screws up again....:(

Tim

OP
Ext1jdh

Ext1jdh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worries. I've got a template written in MS Publisher that I use to create chord charts which I end up saving to DropBox as a PDF, then opening in GigBook on the iPad. Since the template is in Publisher I can't do anything with it while I'm mobile, and being able to create the chord charts directly on the iPad would be both easier and faster. That's the purpose behind the custom page size.

For all the good that Pages can do, you'd think that custom page sizing, or at least an iPad specific page size would have been included with the app.

Kwarner15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance I could get a 5.5 x 8.5 template. I only have an iPad, no Mac computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts