1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Custom made iPad carmounts

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Ripplinghurst, May 28, 2010.

1. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So this guy figure it out an iPad mount for his Subaru STi and apparently is developing mounts based on OEM specs. Pretty cool. Fit with OEM panels look impressive!

Presample here:

[​IMG]

I believe they only have the Impreza STI available, but they are accepting requests for others. Looks interesting, but I have an OEM NAV screen and I can't figure it out where I would put it.

Link with video with more info.
  2. Star56

Star56 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The problem with this setup is that you cannot use the ipad in landscape mode, my preferred configuration. This is a nice idea but many cars/trucks would be difficult to retrofit with such a device.

I have tried four different mount setups in my 09 Accord. My last try was with the Proclip mount. I had to DIY the mount to give me the proper angle to eliminate glare from the back or front window. It is not perfect but it took a lot of trial and error to get it right.

The ipad is a killer device in a car. Particularly if you have 3G access and the GPS.
  3. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree. I want my install to be able to tilt and swivel.

I just tried to help showing a way (among others) to do it properly. I've seen a lot of bad installs already (""death pads"), velcro, bungee cords, it's giving iPad owners a bad name. Yes, can be a KILLER device in a car, but in more than one way! ;)
  4. Paffy

Paffy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow, nice, but a nit too dangerous