What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursoring around on iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are doing a lot of typing you can pair a bluetooth keyboard with the iPad. The cursor keys work. For lighter typing I find the usual iPad method works just fine, and as you get used to it becomes easy to use.

Ironically the only time I find the cursor keys really useful is when I am using an bluetooth keyboard. That's because I don't want to lift my fingers from the keyboard and touch the screen. When I'm already tapping on the iPad's screen, it's easy to just tap somewhere else.

LordStyphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

surtenly I miss the arrow keys too and hope it will come in next generation.

I've got a little tips I use:

Get the App iA Writer, with this I write all and the copy / paste.
The app has the arrow keys, further keys to delete or repeat what I just wrote and keys jumping one word back or forwards.

Try it if You like my tips.

agencius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my writers toolkit, iAWriter does have a word ahead and word back tab to cursor around words with touch only.

If you research and write, here are some App selections to consider.

1.) iAWriter (works with Dropbox too!) I also use it on Mac Book Air with Dropbox for convenience.
2.) Cymbol for typing special symbols, degree, superscripts and subscripts.
3.) iAnnotate for PDF viewing, editing and management plus it has a fast search, handles large PDF documents very well
4.) Apples own trio, Pages, Numbers and Keynote
5.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a great free App with an iPad native edition more recently available

It would be interesting to hear your experiences with the above and other suggestions of course.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got an Android phone and it has what I can only describe as a cursor handle which you can use to drag the cursor anywhere you want. Very useful.

EDIT: The iPad does have the magnifying glass of course but I find the above mentioned "handle" more satisfactory. Neither option provides cursor based text selection of course. I find the iPad method of text selection quite fiddly at times.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts