What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Firmware

Chemdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the right spot. So today I got my Ipad 16GB wifi only. I get it all turned on, and see it's at firmware version 3.2.2. I thought The ipad was at 4.1. So I sync with itunes and check, and it says my ipad is up to current. Is this 3.2.2 current?

Thanks.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but if you are a developer....or know what your doing you can have it now....it's in Beta and not perfect...but it works really well :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but if you are a developer....or know what your doing you can have it now....it's in Beta and not perfect...but it works really well :)

Do you have first hand experience with 4.2 Beta yourself?

Been using it for about a week....seems to be pretty solid...folders are GREAT, I now have 1 page of apps....multitasking is iffy....developers still need to work on supporting it. And a few apps break as a result of using 4.2 right now. Zinio for instance won't display anything. CBS locks at the splash screen. Air Video plays sound but no picture. Air Sharing goes to the lock screen but won't bring up the keyboard...so until thats resolved it is permanently locked. And, while it does have printing in the OS it doesn't see my network printer (other printing apps on the iPad see it just fine).....so while it still has some issues it is actually really nice. The ability to transition from one app to another is very useful and works cleanly. I haven't really noticed any major life altering changes tho.

Edit: Air Sharing works fine if you uninstall it then reinstall it and don't use the password lock.

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Been using it for about a week....seems to be pretty solid...folders are GREAT, I now have 1 page of apps....multitasking is iffy....developers still need to work on supporting it. And a few apps break as a result of using 4.2 right now. Zinio for instance won't display anything. CBS locks at the splash screen. Air Video plays sound but no picture. Air Sharing goes to the lock screen but won't bring up the keyboard...so until thats resolved it is permanently locked. And, while it does have printing in the OS it doesn't see my network printer (other printing apps on the iPad see it just fine).....so while it still has some issues it is actually really nice. The ability to transition from one app to another is very useful and works cleanly. I haven't really noticed any major life altering changes tho.

Edit: Air Sharing works fine if you uninstall it then reinstall it and don't use the password lock.

I have also use the 4.2 , for me the first beta give me lot of bug , so i downgrade … i run yet in 4.2 beta 2 and work fine for me , the only bug i have found yet is no access in the sound ( like email, notification ) i see it but when i try to enter it froze my iPad (3G) other than this all work fine

folder is perfect especially because we can put 20 app’s by each witch nice

and like you now i have only one page in my iPad

PS: i am not develloper and i don’t enter any code or registration just use the magic trick : UPDATE

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have also use the 4.2 , for me the first beta give me lot of bug , so i downgrade … i run yet in 4.2 beta 2 and work fine for me , the only bug i have found yet is no access in the sound ( like email, notification ) i see it but when i try to enter it froze my iPad (3G) other than this all work fine

folder is perfect especially because we can put 20 app’s by each witch nice

and like you now i have only one page in my iPad

PS: i am not develloper and i don’t enter any code or registration just use the magic trick : UPDATE

Hmm sound settings does lock the settings panel....odd. Hadn't noticed...I use all base sounds so I don't really care.

Most reactions

Latest posts