What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cryptic Messages

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iTunes account is registered on two separate computers. My computer died so I had to register a second computer.
Now, when I go to update/backup my iPad, I get the messages listed below....

"The iPad "fake name's iPad" is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPad and sync with this iTunes library"?

The second message is....

"iTunes has found purchased items on the iPad "fake name's iPad that are not present in your iTunes library. Do you want to transfer these items from this iPad to your iTunes library" ?

Can anyone tell me what these message mean in plain English? Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new computer is trying to sync with the iPad. However, you can only sync an iPad with one computer and it's currently synced to the one you say died. So, the second computer is trying to become the main computer.

Because the first one died, I'd recommend you sync the iPad with the second computer (and then use that as the sole computer for the iPad). However, it takes some careful management to switch an iPad over to another computer/version of iTunes. If you're not careful, you could lose data.

So, take a look at this and see if it'll help you (a) understand the risks and (b) set yourself up for the best of successes: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...izing-ipad-2-computers-not-losing-apps-2.html

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts