What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Private Apps

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Without Jailbreaking or getting approval from Apple, is it possible to create an an app, put in in an itunes directory, and manually copy it to the ipad, when connected to a pc.

I don't need it to be available in the store, just for private use and testing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look here...

Start Developing iPad Apps - Apple Developer

for details of app development. But, if you want a free tutorial, download the movies at 'iTunes', 'iTunes U', 'Universities and Colleges', 'Stanford' and then scroll to the free two part, twenty five lecture per part series on 'App development for iOS'

Here you'll learn how to develop some simple iOS apps that will get you under way. You don't need to put these apps into the Apple App Store, you can use them privately.

Tim
Scotland

mkitchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I registered just to say thank you for the stanford idea. Had no idea about that and it's just what i've been looking for. Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those 50 lectures are serious stuff - you'll have a headache when you've finished but you'll know how to develop iOS apps. What amazes me is the huge variety of University and College courses that are available for free from some of the best Universities in the world. I think it's a much under-publicised resource - I'm surprised Apple don't make more of it.

Enjoy developing your apps.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts