What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating new icons for saved webpages on ipad 2

CAnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light ... I have created some shortcuts on my ipad (2) for my bank webpage etc. but I want to use an icon other than an image of the whole webpage that is automatically created. I have found what
appears to be a solution from a utube post. It is suggested to use the soft-use.com webclipicons generator; however
when I try to get on that site, I keep getting a 500 internal server error. I have no idea what to do! If soft-use is out, is
there another way to attach an icon to a saved webpage? Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although there are several apps in the AppStore that can create a icon for you, the one I like to use is "Touch Icon Creator" ($.99, USD).

With it, you can use any picture to make your icon look how you wish (no more ugly web page shots).

Maybe this'll work for you?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With very few exceptions, I just use the Bookmarks Bar instead.

For those that did not know, you can create a folder in the Bookmarks Bar. This creates a pulldown menu that contains any bookmarks you place in it. Very handy.

image-1050536998.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts