What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating custom Boot logos

Facetious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Need a tutorial for making boot logos using pictures from my camera roll. I have an ipad 3 ios 6.1.2, evasi0n jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMO it's better to create the logos on your PC then transfer and implement them over on your device to prevent boot loops and problems of any sort. Plus, it's easier to manage as well, especially if you want only a portion of a picture, you wouldn't have to swear and sweat over editing it using something like Photoshop on the iPad.

OP
F

Facetious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO it's better to create the logos on your PC then transfer and implement them over on your device to prevent boot loops and problems of any sort. Plus, it's easier to manage as well, especially if you want only a portion of a picture, you wouldn't have to swear and sweat over editing it using something like Photoshop on the iPad.

Could you recommend some good tutorials for this, and how to add them to my ipad?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The .png would preferably be 320 X 480. You can implement it using tweaks like Animate. As long as it's a static logo, animate won't bug up. To put the logo that you've created into your iPhone, SSH into your device and put it in the root/Library/Bootlogo folder. Create a new folder to put the actual logo in, so the result (sample) would be root/Library/Bootlogo/Apples

OP
F

Facetious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
293 views, and not one person can point me in the direction of a good tutorial? I thought for sure coming to this forum, would yield a wealth of suggestions. I'm having problems getting my custom made logos to show in the bootlogo preview. Therefore they won't work when I reboot. I used photoshop, 320x480, saved it as png, and not able to get it to work. I am using ifile to transfer to the bootlogo file.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All guides are outdated because they use old Cydia tweaks to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but not my thing. Why you would want to delay the boot process to show a series of images is beyond me. Any time my iPad is rebooting I want it completed quickly and without interference from a tweak which was not designed to run on my device or for my version of IOS I am running ;)

From what I remember, it's as simple as naming your images 0.png, 1.png, etc. and the animate tweak simply shows them in order. Download any animated boot logo from Cydia that works on your device and use iFile to look at it and simply copy exactly what they did. It's no more complicated than that (the location of the files was mentioned in a post above).

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts