What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Basic apps for free

Rolfaroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI does anyone have any suggestions on software that I can run on a windows PC to create an IPAD app.
A really basic one at that.

All I want is for a macro type thing to be connected to a button (which has a symbol for photos) which has a list of keywords. Upon pressing this button I want it to enter one keyword at a time into google images and then press search. Each time you press the button it enters a new keyword into google images and presses enter.
(this is for a child)

Can anyone help? Many many thanks.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I know there were some companies making tools to build iOS apps a while back but apple insists that they be made from a Mac with the Xcode software. There may be something that has come along, but I have not been keeping track.

You would still need to Purchase a $99 yearly developer membership to publish the app to the app store or install the app on a device for testing.

This is where android shines. with android anyone can make an app in a matter of minutes via the app inventor website. Once done you can install it on your device instantly and for free.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know there were some companies making tools to build iOS apps a while back but apple insists that they be made from a Mac with the Xcode software. There may be something that has come along, but I have not been keeping track. . .

Apple backed off on that stance a few months after the initial hullabaloo.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, here's a non-macro approach. Safari has a google search window over on the right at the top of the screen. It keeps a record of prior searches. You could just do a search of all the keywords you want and they will be there in the Search window once your kid click there. Then they just select the search word they want and the results pop up in Google. Now, once the google search comes back, the kid would need to click iimages. So its a two step process. And it assumes they have their own ipad (that nobody else searches with).

Most reactions

Latest posts