What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating 2 app store accounts IDs

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to create another app store account with a different email address and billing details. However, on a daily basis I update my enewspaper via an app. Will creating a new account cause problems when I update my newspaper.
Thank you in anticipation.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll only get updates of the Apple ID that you're logged into.

So you'll need to switch backwards and forwards between the two Apple IDs.

Tim.

OP
E

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim
Basically, all I want to do is change my Apple ID details i.e. email account, billing address, and Card details. Can I do this easily or would it be better to create a new account?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To change billing details: Open iTunes on iPad > Choose the Music tab > Scoll to bottom and click on your Apple ID on the lower left > Enter password and change what you need.

If you create a new account, any content you bought previously will remain with your old account.

OP
E

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay

Many thanks for reply

I have paid in advance a years subscription for an online newspaper app, if I change my Apple ID details, will I still be able to download the newspaper from the amended account.

Regards Dave

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay

Many thanks for reply

I have paid in advance a years subscription for an online newspaper app, if I change my Apple ID details, will I still be able to download the newspaper from the amended account.

Regards Dave

From my experience, as long as you use the same ID, you can change your billing info and continue to receive existing subscriptions without problem.

One hiccup might be if you have some kind of auto-renewal that is linked to a credit card, and you've changed your credit card info in iTunes. But if that's the case, you can just restart the subscription once it runs out.

Last edited:
OP
E

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaykaykay
Many thanks for your replies, I will now just change my billing and credit card details.
tks again

Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts