What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create a wifi hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have to jailbreak both my iPhone and iPad to get free wifi hotspur from my phone to my iPad? I would jailbreak my phone but I have seen terrible effects of jailbreaking the ipad2

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I have to jailbreak both my iPhone and iPad to get free wifi hotspur from my phone to my iPad? I would jailbreak my phone but I have seen terrible effects of jailbreaking the ipad2

The iPhone4 directly supports WiFi hotspots. There is no need to jailbreak. You can enable the hotspot in the 'Settings' menu.

Tim

OP
I

iphone1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The iPhone4 directly supports WiFi hotspots. There is no need to jailbreak. You can enable the hotspot in the 'Settings' menu.

Tim

Yes but you have to pay for tethering from your service provider.

OP
I

iphone1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
There are ways around that....

Like? Thats what I'm trying to figure out. I tried that flashlight app but that didn't work.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Discussion of how to enable tethering on your phone without paying for it is at best a very grey area and should not be discussed on our forums. OK?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm definitely not losing any sleep over it if it is or not.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just curious is it illegal?

Legal or Not, I look at it this way,if you are paying for a data plan from a carrier and you tether your iPad to your Iphone you can only use one at a time,its not free data or Wi-Fi ,its just a convenience. Or do I have it wrong.:confused:

Al.

OP
I

iphone1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
Legal or Not, I look at it this way,if you are paying for a data plan from a carrier and you tether your iPad to your Iphone you can only use one at a time,its not free data or Wi-Fi ,its just a convenience. Or do I have it wrong.:confused:

Al.

That's how I see it and also last time I checked the forum it's not illegal to talk about it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone1977 said:
That's how I see it and also last time I checked the forum it's not illegal to talk about it.

I've made a clear statement. Please respect it whether you agree or not. Otherwise there will be consequences. OK?

OP
I

iphone1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I've made a clear statement. Please respect it whether you agree or not. Otherwise there will be consequences. OK?

Please send me a link to the policies for what you are stating or please remove yourself from my post. I simply asked if there is a way to create a hotspot without jail breaking because I believe jail breaking to be wrong. I have been using Mac products since I was old enough to buy them on my own. You name it and I have it. I did not mean any disrespect but what I am chatting about is a carrier issue it had nothing to do with cheating apple out of any money. Lord knows that's impossible.

Either send me a link to the policies you so emphatically declarer please do not comment on my post. I have purchased every apple item I own legally and it is my right to seek out the full benefits Owning them. If you have a problem with that please back it up with proper documentation. There are too many other forums available. I used this one because it was a genuine apple app and I don't boot- leg. Once again remember that I purchased my apple products and I do have rights as a consumer.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iphone1977 said:
Please send me a link to the policies for what you are stating or please remove yourself from my post. I simply asked if there is a way to create a hotspot without jail breaking because I believe jail breaking to be wrong. I have been using Mac products since I was old enough to buy them on my own. You name it and I have it. I did not mean any disrespect but what I am chatting about is a carrier issue it had nothing to do with cheating apple out of any money. Lord knows that's impossible.

Either send me a link to the policies you so emphatically declarer please do not comment on my post. I have purchased every apple item I own legally and it is my right to seek out the full benefits Owning them. If you have a problem with that please back it up with proper documentation. There are too many other forums available. I used this one because it was a genuine apple app and I don't boot- leg. Once again remember that I purchased my apple products and I do have rights as a consumer.

Apple has no control over this forum and arguing with a mod is not going to do you any good

Like you said, plenty of other forums if you don't like the rules here

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has no control over this forum and arguing with a mod is not going to do you any good

Like you said, plenty of other forums if you don't like the rules here

This is very true. Read it more than once if anyone needs to.

This is a private forum. You do not have freedom of speech here. It would be best not to forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts