Crappy games from app store

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Cromeslab, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Cromeslab

Cromeslab
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Downloaded grand theft auto from the App Store and it doesn't even load , I'm MODERATOR EDIT: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE how do I get my money back from this inferior product , I thought apple really checked the quality of their apps, where can I lodge. Complaint?

#1 Cromeslab, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  2. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Email the Apple store, they are very helpful and, if my experience is any guide, they will not hesitate to give you a refund, and they will do it in a sympathetic and polite language

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    GTA is not an inferior product. Obviously, they'd done something in the last update to bugger it up or the udpate to iOS 6.0.1 did so, as I see lots of apps being updated for iOS 6. If you just hang tight, they will likely get a fix going sooner or later. I've had this game for a while and it used to work just fine. There is no need to get all upset and toss about bad language here, as we can't do anything. You can write to the developer directly and vent your frustration toward them.

4. dragon499

dragon499
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have been using Grand Theft Auto 3 on my iPad for a long time. It has always been a great and fun game. After the IOS 6 upgrade, it stopped working (on my iPad 2). I contacted Rockstar support. Their reply was odd, as they did not promise a fix. They simply stated they were aware of the issue and suggested I get a refund. I told them that I prefered a working game and was not asking for a refund. This was more than 1 month ago. Rockstar has not updated the ticket, stating that they fixed the issue and I don't remember any app store updates for the game. I just got my iPad 4 yesterday and will try and load the game after work and report the results back here

5. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Wow....it's not working on my iPad mini or my iPad 3. It did work back in the 5.1 days, though, but I have not played it for a while. I will check on my Android devices when I get home.

6. Cromeslab

Cromeslab
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the feedback ,Iwill email App Store

7. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hey....I just took everything out of memory and the game is now running on my iPad 3. Earlier today, it was crashing!

I wrote to Rockstar this morning and got this long email. Here is part of it:

8. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Note that the fix above didn't work for the iPad mini. Might be the difference between 1 GB (iPad 3) and 512 MB (iPad mini) of ram on the two devices.

#8 AQ_OC, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  9. dragon499

dragon499
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This doesn't work (even with no other apps in the background) at all on my iPad 4. It starts to load, then a few seconds later it crashes.

AQ_OC,

I'm curious if this will always work, or if it will start to crash. On my iPad 2, I was able to play it for a few minutes once, but it crashed and wouldn't load again.

Time for me to re-activate my ticket with Rock Star Support.

It is hard for me to get pissed, as I bought the game on sale for 99 cents, but I really would like to play it.

10. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Dragon,

You might be right. I will keep trying and report back.