Crappy games from app store

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Cromeslab, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Cromeslab

Cromeslab iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Downloaded grand theft auto from the App Store and it doesn't even load , I'm MODERATOR EDIT: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE how do I get my money back from this inferior product , I thought apple really checked the quality of their apps, where can I lodge. Complaint?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 1
    Email the Apple store, they are very helpful and, if my experience is any guide, they will not hesitate to give you a refund, and they will do it in a sympathetic and polite language

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    GTA is not an inferior product. Obviously, they'd done something in the last update to bugger it up or the udpate to iOS 6.0.1 did so, as I see lots of apps being updated for iOS 6. If you just hang tight, they will likely get a fix going sooner or later. I've had this game for a while and it used to work just fine. There is no need to get all upset and toss about bad language here, as we can't do anything. You can write to the developer directly and vent your frustration toward them.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have been using Grand Theft Auto 3 on my iPad for a long time. It has always been a great and fun game. After the IOS 6 upgrade, it stopped working (on my iPad 2). I contacted Rockstar support. Their reply was odd, as they did not promise a fix. They simply stated they were aware of the issue and suggested I get a refund. I told them that I prefered a working game and was not asking for a refund. This was more than 1 month ago. Rockstar has not updated the ticket, stating that they fixed the issue and I don't remember any app store updates for the game. I just got my iPad 4 yesterday and will try and load the game after work and report the results back here
  5. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Wow....it's not working on my iPad mini or my iPad 3. It did work back in the 5.1 days, though, but I have not played it for a while. I will check on my Android devices when I get home.
  6. Cromeslab

Cromeslab iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback ,Iwill email App Store
  7. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Hey....I just took everything out of memory and the game is now running on my iPad 3. Earlier today, it was crashing!

I wrote to Rockstar this morning and got this long email. Here is part of it:

8. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Note that the fix above didn't work for the iPad mini. Might be the difference between 1 GB (iPad 3) and 512 MB (iPad mini) of ram on the two devices.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  9. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This doesn't work (even with no other apps in the background) at all on my iPad 4. It starts to load, then a few seconds later it crashes.

AQ_OC,

I'm curious if this will always work, or if it will start to crash. On my iPad 2, I was able to play it for a few minutes once, but it crashed and wouldn't load again.

Time for me to re-activate my ticket with Rock Star Support.

It is hard for me to get pissed, as I bought the game on sale for 99 cents, but I really would like to play it.
  10. AQ_OC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Dragon,

You might be right. I will keep trying and report back.
  11. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Rockstar isn't doing anything to support this. See the paste from my ticket:

This is a follow-up to your previous request #470903 "GTA 3 not loading on IOS 6 ..."
    I now have the iPad 4 with IOS 6.01. Even with no other apps in the background, the game fails to load.
    Are you planning on fixing this, or have you abandoned support for the game?

Five days later, I get this crap:

Hi dragon4999
    If you are having issues with a particular game we would recommend checking to ensure you have the latest firmware for your device.
    To first of all find out what version you are currently running, do the following:
    - Press the Home button to return to the Home Screen.
    - Select Settings > General > About.
    - The software version of your device will be listed on this screen.
    If your device needs to be updated, complete the steps below:
    - Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed (Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now) and running before attempting to update.
    - Connect your device to your computer.
    - Select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
    - Select the Summary tab.
    - Click Check for Update
    After the device is up to date, check to see if your issue is resolved.
    Kind regards

Give me a break with this form letter!

Here is my reply:

• I am using the latest firmware - IOS 6.01 on My Ipad 4.
      The device is up to date, and I just restarted the iPad. GTA3 still refuses to load.
      The issue is unresolved.

I then added this to the ticket, to try to avoid their next anticipated response.
    • I also deleted and re-loaded the app. It still refuses to load.

I solve computer problems for a living and can't stand this type of treatment. If I don't know what is wrong and am not sure if or when I will resolve it, I tell that to the user.
  12. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This guy is working hard to blame the user and not support the product:

Check out this continuing crap:

• Hi dragon4999
      Try launching other apps on your device, if these also fail to start there could be an Apple ID authorization issue. Download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information.
      Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.
      After the application is installed, check to see if your issue is resolved. If all apps are still failing to launch you may need to contact Apple support, contact details can be found here - Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support
      Kind regards

My reply:

• All other apps launch. I only have 1 apple ID.
        To be clear, GTA3 starts, I see the rockstar logo and some initial stuff, then after around 8 seconds, the app exits.
        Here is the system log:
        Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:50 PM - backboardd [51] (Warning): Application 'UIKitApplication:com.rockstargames.gta3ios[0xc1c6]' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11
        Kindly stop blaming my system and let me know if you intend on supporting your product that is not working.

13. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My followup:

• I did not attach the complete log related to GTA3. Here are all the entries:
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:50 PM - backboardd [51] (Warning): Application 'UIKitApplication:com.rockstargames.gta3ios[0xc1c6]' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:50 PM - mediaserverd [36] (Error): 22:00:50.791 <AudioControl> AudioSessionSetClientPlayState(1085): cannot get ClientInfo
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:50 PM - mediaserverd [36] (Error): 22:00:50.793 <AudioControl> AudioQueue: Error 'ini?' from AudioSessionSetClientPlayState(1085)
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Likely to keep up or full buffer: 0
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Skipping autoplay, not enough buffered to keep up.
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Enabling autoplay
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Likely to keep up or full buffer: 0
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Skipping autoplay, not enough buffered to keep up.
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPCloudAssetDownloadController] Prioritization requested for media item ID: 0
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Enabling autoplay
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: Likely to keep up or full buffer: 1
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:33 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): [MPAVController] Autoplay: _streamLikelyToKeepUp: 0 -> 1
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:32 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): _rwSetES2TextureType 10
      Nov 21, 2012, 10:00:32 PM - gta3 [1085] (Warning): The view controller <IOSViewController: 0x1f04d1a0> returned NO from -shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation: for all interface orientations. It should support at least one orientation.
  14. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    They finally offered to assist:

• Hello dragon4999,
      Thank you for contacting Rockstar Games Support.
      We deeply apologize that you've encountered an issue with our game. If you wouldn't mind, please provide us with the information below so we can investigate the issue you're experiencing:
      Summary:
      Console/Platform:
      Single or Multiplayer:
      - If Single Player, what difficulty level?
      - If Multiplayer, be specific to what each player did in order to reproduce the bug.
      Steps to Reproduce:
      1 - Launch Game
      2 - From Main Menu
      3 -
      4 -
      5 -
      Detailed Description of the Issue:
      If possible, please provide video and/or screenshots. Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a look into the issue and get back with you.
      We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
      Cheers,
    November 21, 2012 10:24 pm

[​IMG]
    dragon4999

• iPad 4 64 GIG AT&T 3G + Wifi Model.
      This happens as soon as I tap the GTA3 Button.
      Here is a video of GTA 3 not working:

I had to use my Nikon Camera to take a 30 meg mov file of the app launching, then crashing. I then plugged the camera into my pc and copied the pic, then I converted it into a 9 meg mp4, then attached it to the ticket.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  15. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This is getting more fun:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

This is a known issue. We are currently looking into the issue you can try to do the following:

- Press the Home button to return to the Home Screen.
    - Select Settings > General > About.
    - The software version of your device will be listed on this screen.

If your device needs to be updated, complete the steps below:

- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed (Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now) and running before attempting to update.
    - Connect your device to your computer.
    - Select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
    - Select the Summary tab.
    - Click Check for Update

After the device is up to date, check to see if your issue is resolved.

Kind regards

Earlier in the thread, I told you that I had the latest version of software and do not need to update it as no updates are available. The matter remains unresolved.