What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Battery Life?

pinkiwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad every day and night... and I cant get through the whole day without charging... sad huh? Anyone have this issue? Thoughts? I dont always have access to an AC wall adaptor :(

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran mine today, with the screen on maximum brightness, using a GPS app. After 7 hours the battery was still showing 24%.

That seems to square with the claims of a 10 hour battery life.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my iPad every day and night... and I cant get through the whole day without charging... sad huh? Anyone have this issue? Thoughts? I dont always have access to an AC wall adaptor :(

I dunno..
I think the battery life is pretty darn good...depends on what your doing.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have you been draining your battery down to 0% once a month as recommended? This helps to calibrate the battery.

OP
P

pinkiwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I think I'm getting around 6 hours of use. But I'm out about 13-15 hours of the day and mostly on wifi and Bluetooth as well. Anyone know any external battery packs out there? I've heard of iSound but that thing is a brick!

UbuFamily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Have you been draining your battery down to 0% once a month as recommended? This helps to calibrate the battery.

How about everyday? Is it better?

UbuFamily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
That I don't know, Ubu. Good question, but I guess you would have to if you're draining it to 0% like that on a daily basis.

Yea i am totally into that situation. I am a currency trader with this brand new ipad as well as a gamer like others. For me, ipad games are cute. I think that's the main reason on how the addictions appeared..LOL

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's why I have two iPads -- I have one to use if the other is charging.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That's why I have two iPads -- I have one to use if the other is charging.

That's just what I'm doing right now. One of my iPad 3's is charging while I'm using this one.

OP
P

pinkiwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like the Newtrent charging product is pretty good according to a friend of mine who finally got one.

Most reactions

Latest posts