What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crackle

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I downloaded and then viewed content for about an hour and a half this evening. It's okay but still suffers from the same significant problem that most of these apps have in common (i.e. Netflix). Old, older, and very old content. Seinfeld, Charlie's Angels, etc. are prime examples and when you do run across something more recent it's only 3 minute snipets and not entire programs. The movie section does a little better with more current movies (some even as new as three years ago). In my opinion the app gets a B- due to content. I certainly will revisit the app in the weeks to come to see if more current content has been added. In the mean time I'll await HBO GO for my iPad in May.

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I can see, fairly pointless in the UK.... Only super old stuff

And we already do better then elsewhere... Tried in in Czech and they only had 5 movies there :)

Sent from my 64GB 3G iPad using iPF

MYIpad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i love watching seinfelds....this app is great. for some reason works MUCH better on wifi than 3g

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MYIpad2 said:
for some reason works MUCH better on wifi than 3g

that's because wifi has much higher data transmission rate than 3G.

What a stoopid name "crackle"...remember seeing a old snl skit where they spoofed a commercial selling crackle....spackle for your a$$. Showed a plumber endorsing the product.

Most reactions

Latest posts