Cracked the ipad screen, got a free replacement from the apple store

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by p53, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allen

allen
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If apple store does repair a crack for free, it would be no point to get a screen protector.. dang it! ><

2. Gkauf3

Gkauf3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No guarantee

Not guaranteed that Apple will fix or replace. In fact we have seen instances where Apple did not replace a broken IPad. There also might be a time when, since the device in question is no longer considered new, Apple might not fix or replace since they have completed their research on the durability of that model...

3. Blazenu

Blazenu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yea Apple!

This weekend I was dumb and put my 32g iPad2 on the roof of my car as I moved stuff around so my sister could sit down. I forgot and pulled off, only to remember about 5 mins later. I turned around and found my iPad in the road face down. My screen was SHATTERED!
    This morning I took it to the apple store and the dude said he could replace it for free this one time. So, I got a new iPad, it was all I could do not to dance around the Apple store...lol

4. maddog25

maddog25
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I live in the UK but work in the states, i had a iPhone 4 that i bought in the uk and had a few problems with it, was my fault. Took it into the apple store in Miami and they replaced it free of charge. I was so surprised and shocked. I Think that is great CS.

Still not sure if its a refurb or brand new. The iphone looked brand new but only came in a plastic case.

5. Black9

Black9
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The devices apple supply after the 14 day ownership period are "remanufactured" units! I had 3 of them and finally got on that worked properly

6. Gkauf3

Gkauf3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    How did you find out they are remanufactured? And that after 14 days that's what you get? And are you referring to IPhones, IPads or all Apple returns? Mine was about three weeks and I got a NEW IPad.

7. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Mine was replaced well after 14 days with a brand new ipad2 that works perfectly. Where did you hear that your 3 iPads were remanufactured?

8. Blazenu

Blazenu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    New

Mine was broken 3 months after purchase and they gave me a new one right out the box....they opened it right in front of me. Brand new

9. JWKessler

JWKessler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Apple's refurbs are the equivalent to a new product in every way but three. The first is the packaging is marked "refurb", the second is they are a bit less expensive if you are buying them (about $100 less for an iMac), and the third is they have been thououghly tested more then once, so they tend to be even more reliable than new products. Apple refurbs tend to be a better deal than new products and I always try to buy refurbs if they are available.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

10. Sasha5113

Sasha5113
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For the sake of the employees, make an appt. An Apple Store can turn into a zoo in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.